Kinetico 9306B Taste & Odor Cartridge
This genuine Kinetico Taste and Odor cartridge (Kinetico 9306B) is a replacement drinking water filter cartridge to fit Kinetico AquaTaste and MAC 7000 drinking water filter systems.
When installed in the Kinetico AquaTaste or MAC 7000 filter systems, the Kinetico 9306B Taste & Odor cartridge removes any unpleasant odour, taste, chlorine and sediment otherwise found in tap water, producing clear water ideal for drinking and food preparation.
Capacity & Replacement Frequency
9306B Filter Capacity and Replacement Frequency
The 9306B Taste and Odor cartridge has a 5 micron granular activated carbon filter, with 1850 litre capacity. How long each Taste and Odor cartridge lasts will depend on the size of your household and drinking water usage. The filter housing is fitted with a MacGuard metering system to prevent unfiltered water being dispensed. It measures the amount of water passing through the filter and stops the flow of water once the cartridge is exhausted.
As a rough guide, an average family of four should expect the cartridge to last approximately 12 months, at which time the Taste and Odor cartridge should be replaced. Kinetico recommends replacement every 12 months, dependent on your household size and water usage.
How it Works
How the Kinetico Taste & Odor Cartridge Works
When unfiltered water flows into the taste and odor cartridge, the internal carbon filter attracts and absorbs a wide range of impurities, particles, chlorine and other substances, removing them from the water and improving the taste, smell and colour. The result is high quality, drinking water that you and your family can enjoy.
The Kinetico 9306B Taste and Odor cartridge is directly interchangeable with the Kinetico AquaGuard filter cartridge, which uses a 1 micron filter.
Kinetico 9306B AquaTaste Taste & Odor Cartridge Replacement Instructions
- Check that it’s the right replacement cartridge.
- You will find a small blue lever situated on the left hand side of your filter housing. Quarter turn this lever clockwise to isolate the water supply.
- Remove the replacement cartridge from its bag and have it close to hand.
- Place a towel or container underneath the filter as there may be a small amount of water during the next step.
- Place one hand on top of the filter to steady it and then twist the old cartridge to the left and pull firmly downwards.
- Locate the replacement cartridge into the housing and push upwards turning it to the right. Remember to push down on the top of the housing to ensure that it stays on its fixings.
- Turn the supply back on by turning the small blue lever anti-clockwise. You’ll hear the system re-pressurising.
- Open your tap slowly.
- The water will initially run black and aerated.
- After approximately one minute, The water should be running crystal clear and free from air.
- Finished. Pour yourself a drink.